[EXPERIMENT] How to Cultivate More Joy
Gratitude isn’t just for the month of November or Thanksgiving time. It’s nice to focus on the good during these times, however being grateful all year can improve your quality of life. Who wouldn’t be grateful for that?
Really though, developing gratitude is one of the simplest ways to improve satisfaction with your life. It doesn’t cost money, and it doesn’t take a lot of time.
BENEFITS OF GRATITUDE:
- Developing an “attitude of gratitude” is one of the simplest ways to improve your satisfaction with life.
- It’s a scientific fact that practicing gratitude improves your health.
- Gratitude increases longevity. People who practice gratitude have better physical health = less aches and pains.
- Gratitude helps foster new relationships - when you appreciate others, the potential for forming meaningful relationships is increased.
- Gratitude enhances empathy and the ability to be sensitive to other people... even when faced with uncomfortable interactions.
- Grateful people sleep better - scientifically studies show that keeping a journal by your bed and spending 5-15 minutes jotting down what you are grateful for before you sleep results in better sleep quality.
- Gratitude improves self esteem (this might be most important!) appreciating the success of others actually helps increase your own self esteem and reduces uncomfortable comparisons.
“What you focus on expands.”
The invitation this month is to write 3-5 things you're thankful for each day.
Interested in the full Gratitude Audio Relaxation + many more? Listen to a sample audio relaxation above OR Get your hands on the Generation Wellness App here.
FREE RESOURCES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX MONTHLY.